Summerlin Nevada Pizza
If you’ve ever sampled the pizza at Hearthstone Kitchen and Cellar, then you know it’s a work of edible art. But have you ever wondered what makes our pizza so special?
While we can’t give away all of our culinary secrets, there is one important factor that plays a not-so-secret role in our pizza’s success: it’s wood fired! Wood fired pizza is truly unlike anything else; here, we’ll explore why this method of cooking makes our pizza so incredible.
What does “wood fired” mean?
To say that pizza is “wood fired” simply means that it has been prepared in a wood-fired oven. A traditional wood burning oven is made of a heat-conductive material such as brick, clay, or even concrete. Wood is burned to heat the oven, which reaches extremely high cooking temperatures, sometimes upwards of 800 degrees fahrenheit! In terms of cooking a pizza, this means that it will take mere minutes to cook an entire pie to crispy, bubbly perfection.
How is wood fired pizza different?
First, let’s assess the visual differences. A wood fired pizza will often have some “perfect imperfections”. There might be a few large bubbles on the crust or in the center of the pie; it’s the nature of that fast cooking and high heat. Texture-wise, the bottom of the crust attains a slightly “charred” exterior, yet the top and center remain chewy and buoyant. This unique texture is once again thanks to the high heat: in a more traditional oven which can only reach about 500 degrees farenheit, the crust will require more time to cook and will become more dense and dry.
Wood fired pizza: tasting notes.
Since the pizza cooks very quickly in a wood fired oven, it has the effect of imparting a delightful contrast on the finished pie. The bottom of the crust will cook very quickly, giving it a pleasing charred flavor on the edges that makes it taste just a little smoky, in a good way.
The hot oven will also cook the cheeses and toppings very quickly, which allows them to retain freshness rather than being burnt and dried to a crisp in a slower cooking oven. Moreover, the toppings remain nicely textured; the cheese is melted and bubbling, and the crust has the perfect combination of chewy on top and crispy on the bottom. When these textures and flavors come together, the flavor is something like true love. Of course, every pie is better with a glass of wine, beer, or cocktail chosen from our extensive menu!
Is wood fired pizza better?
Well, naturally this question will vary from person to person, and everyone is entitled to their opinion and preferences. But if you ask us: yes! Wood fired pizza is the only way to go if you’re seeking pizza perfection.
Hearthstone’s pizza varieties.
Sold on the idea of wood fired pizza? Wonderful! Here are the varieties you’ll find at Hearthstone:
- Cheese: Our classic cheese pizza is made with shredded mozzarella, marinara sauce, and basil.
- D.O.C: This sweet-and-spicy pie is made with mozzarella, chili, basil, and tomato sauce.
- Abe Froman: You’ll crave this one long after the last slice is gone! It’s topped with garlic sausage, mozzarella, onions, and chili flakes.
- Meatball: This rich and delicious pie is made with veal pork meatballs, ricotta, and mozzarella.
- Carbonara: A classic pasta dish is transformed into pizza form! It’s made with ricotta, bacon, arugula, and poached egg.
- Pepperoni: Our version of one of America’s favorite pizza toppings. It’s topped with spicy pepperoni, basil, and marinara
- Truffle Mushroom: Mushrooms add the perfect umami to pizza. This incredible version is augmented with fromage blanc and gouda.
- Truffle Chicken: Chicken on pizza? Believe the dream. This memorable pie is made with roasted garlic ricotta, gouda cheese, bacon, and chives.
- Nightly Pizza Creation: Each night we mix it up and offer something special to the mix! What will it be tonight? Come and see!
Love pizza? Make Hearthstone your destination on Sundays, when we offer an amazing (and kid-friendly) dining option: Pizza Sundays! Each Sunday from 5pm-10pm, we offer 50 percent off pizzas. As a bonus, when you buy three, you get an extra special offer of a free first hour at Kids Quest!
As you can see, wood fired pizza is truly an experience that can’t be beat. If you’re looking for Summerlin Nevada Restaurants that offer incredible wood fired pizza, then Hearthstone Kitchen and Cellar simply cannot be missed!