All About Mimosas
If you are anything like us, then you know there is no breakfast cocktail in the world that can compete with the mimosa. One-part sweet orange juice that is perfect for breakfast and one part bubbly champagne that is meant for celebrating—there is truly no other drink quite like the mimosa. So, in honor of this delicious early morning cocktail, we compiled just a few of our favorite facts about Mimosas in honor of this drink. Here are just a few to get you started:
5 Facts About Mimosas
- There is a National Mimosa Day– Mimosas are such a popular cocktail that they actually have their own holiday. May 16th is actually National Mimosa Day and it is coming up—so make sure you celebrate appropriately.
- The Mimosa Actually Came From France- You can thank the French for the Mimosa. While the British are responsible for Sunday Brunch, it is the French that coined the meal’s signature beverage. The first Mimosa was actually served at The Ritz Hotel in Paris in 1925. Frank Meier is said to be the inventor of the drink.
- Not All Mimosas Have the Same Recipe- Sure the standard Mimosa mixes together Champagne and orange juice, but there is a twist on this recipe. The original Mimosa was made with a 50/50 mix of Champagne and orange juice. However, some claim the original Mimosa actually used the recipe that is now called the Buck’s Fizz. This is one ounce of Champagne and 2 ounces of fresh-squeezed orange juice. For an even more fun twist, some places will actually add a splash of Triple Sec or Grand Marnier to the glass.
- The Mimosa is Named After the Mimosa Flower– This is a bright orange flower that is native to southern Mexico and to Central and South America.
- Hearthstone Has Bottomless Mimosas Every Sunday- This is our favorite fun fact about mimosas, but we may be biased. Yes, every single Sunday at Hearthstone was offer a bottomless mimosa deal for just $15. Yep, just $15 and you can enjoy as many mimosas as you can handle during brunch. It is one of the best deals in the city and one of the best ways to make the most out of your boozy brunch.
Enjoy Summerlin Brunch at Hearthstone
Got mimosas on the brain? We thought you may. Now that you are well-versed in all things related to mimosas, it is time to head down to your favorite Summerlin Brunch at Hearthstone this Sunday to take advantage of our one-of-a-kind bottomless mimosa deal.